2016年11月23日星期三

How to make your Thanksgiving a little healthier

Regular exercise is one of the best things you can do for your health and to lower your cancer risk.

Thanksgiving usually isn’t considered the healthiest holiday. But making exercise apart of your holiday tradition can help you maintain a healthy weight. And, it can keep you from feeling so guilty about that slice of pumpkin pie.
 
Regular exercise is one of the best things you can do for your health and to lower your cancer risk.
 
Try exercising most days. Each week, try to complete 150 minutes of moderate activity or 75 minutes of vigorous activity.
 
During the holidays, many people skip their scheduled workouts. But making exercise part of your holiday is one way to make sure you complete the recommend amount of activity.
 
We asked some of our doctors, nurses and staff members what they do to make their Thanksgiving a little healthier. Here’s what they had to say: 
 
“If I travel, I run on my own or with my family when I visit them.” – Robin Coyne, nurse supervisor
 
“We try to cook healthier versions of typical Thanksgiving meals so there is less guilt afterwards.” – Shamsha Damani, program director
 
“My wife and I compete in a Turkey Trot, a 10K race,” – Juan Lopez-Mattei, M.D., Internal Medicine
 
“Traditionally my family will gather and eat around noon at my parents’ house. A few hours later, we take a family walk for about an hour to burn the extra calories and enjoy the beautiful country scenery.” – Lori Bailey, nurse 

                                                        Fuda Cancer Hospital

没有评论:

发表评论